Hole in the Wood strives for complete customer satisfaction, that’s why we go through such lengths to make sure you are getting what you thought you paid for. So, if you are not completely happy with your purchase - we want to know about it! We find that returns, if necessary, go a lot smoother if there is good communication so please, please
do not hesitate contact us
by email or phone.
With this in mind, please read below the on our policies regarding shipping your orders, if they fail to live up to your expectations, please let us know.
Extra Care For Your Acoustic
Unlike the big online retailers who ship your order, sight unseen, from some far off distribution center, we actually make sure that your shipment is packaged correctly, in tact and tuned from our location in North Carolina. In particular, below are some of the complimentary services we offer to you as a customer:
- Acoustic guitars will be properly set up and tuned before shipment - ready to play upon arrival!
- Each product you order will receive inspection and exceptional care will be taken to package your shipment for delivery.
- All electronic devices will be tested prior to shipment
30-Day Money Back Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with any product, return it for a full refund of the product purchase price, full credit, or exchange of your choice. We give you 30 days from the shipping date. Shipping to and back from Hole in the Wood may be covered with return.
Should you find it necessary to return any merchandise, it must be shipped within this 30-day guarantee period. All returned items must be in the original packaging complete with all components including the warranty card and owner’s manual and show no signs of wear or abuse; otherwise the return will either be refused or subject to a 15% restocking fee. If work has been requested on any products, the item will be sold as-is to the customer. Furthermore, the work may limit the manufacturer's warranty on the item selected (See Terms and Conditions).
Credit card returns are issued a rebate check for purchase price. Refunds are made for product value only, excluding shipping and handling charges.
Send your return to:
Hole In The Wood
113 Strathburgh Lane
Cary, North Carolina 27518
To expedite the return service please be informed of the following requirements for returns:
- The following items are returnable only if defective OR unopened or unused: strings, cleaners, polishes, and polishing cloths. Software/soundware, cassettes, CDs, DVDs, and videos may be returned for credit only if they are in their original, sealed packaging. If defective, these items will only be exchanged for the same product.
- Stringed instruments priced at $1999.00 or more must be returned within 10 days of shipment.
- We must receive the merchandise back in the same condition as you received it complete with all components including the warranty card, certificates, owner’s manual and/or other components thereof, whereupon we will give you a refund, full credit or exchange, as applicable.
- A restocking fee of 15% may be levied on some items.
- Specialty, sale and custom orders are non-refundable.
- Shipping costs are not refundable.
- Hole in the Wood assumes no liability under this return policy if the product purchased has been subject to misuse, neglect, accident, improper installation or modification of the original unit or any part thereof. Hole in the Wood assumes no liability under this return policy for any damages, either general, consequential, accidental or incidental, which might arise from the use of the product by any person. Refunds given at our discretion. Proper authorization must be obtained from Hole in the Wood before returning any merchandise. Items must be returned in original packaging without signs of use, abuse or intentional damage.
Shipping Charges — Taxes and Title
Separate charges for shipping and handling will be shown on your order form. As a security precaution, initial orders and orders shipping to alternate addresses may be held for extended verification. We reserve the right to make partial shipments, which will not relieve you of your obligation to pay for the remaining deliveries.
All items purchased from HITW are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items passes to you upon our delivery to the carrier.
If applicable, a separate charge for taxes will be shown on the invoice. We are required to collect sales tax on all orders shipped within the state of North Carolina. In this state the invoice will be charged the applicable local sales tax rates.
Common questions we get with regards to shipping:
How long will my shipment take?
The arrival date-range of each item is determined by adding the minimum of the processing time to the minimum of the shipping time and the maximum of the processing time to the maximum of the shipping time.
For instance, if you have purchased an acoustic guitar that does not
have the "Quick Ship"
option, it takes 3 to 5 business days to ship to our shop, 1 to 2 business days to quality check, tune and box before shipping to you. If you had elected USPS Standard Shipping (3 to 5 business days), the guitar would arrive in 7 to 12 business days.
These standard shipping times apply to items being sent to the 48 contiguous states. For Standard Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico, add 2-4 days. We do not generally ship to APO / FPO addresses.
We are of course at the mercy of our parcel carriers after your shipment leaves our store; however, if there is any change on the promised arrival date, we will be in constant contact with you until your order arrives.
How are my shipping rates determined?
Shipping rates are determined from our store location in Cary, North Carolina (27518) using the shipping fee structure at the USPS and FedEx. There will be no additional charge from Hole in the Wood.
Where does Hole in the Wood ship to?
Hole in the Wood will not be responsible to collect or calculate any Taxes or Duties outside of the United States of America. If you are an overseas customer your purchase may be subject to local VAT's (Value Added Tax). It is the purchaser's responsibility to obtain information on Tariffs, Duties or Taxes that may or may not be assessed on their respective purchase.
Although in general, Hole in the Wood ships only within the Continental United States and Canada, international orders may be handled on an order-by-order basis. If approved, an adjusted shipping fee will be provided for all overseas inquiries/purchases. We do not ship to P.O. boxes, AFO or APO.
Will my orders be insured?
Once received, tracking information will be provided to insure safe delivery of your item. In addition, appropriate insurance is automatically added to your order from our shipping carriers.
Last updated May 5th, 2009.